Guys! If we aren’t Facebook friends then you probably don’t know that my laptop’s OS died. (Thanks Windows 7) It did have a little help from me & my futzing around with it, regardless it took some work & the intervention of a close computer wiz friend to finally get Ubuntu up and running.
It’s been a few days and I am in love with my laptop again.
So long Microsoft, Hello Linux!
That’s why I disappeared …again, hopefully won’t happen anymore.
I’ve made Peanut Butter-Oatmeal cookies since I was a kid….of course over the years I have lost that original recipe but here is the one I’ve been using for the past few weeks.
- 1/4 Cup (1/2 stick) of Melted Butter (I self measure 2 spoonfuls)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Oats (I add more so, 1 Cup & 1/2)
- 1 Cup PB (I use about a cup & a half, self measuring 2-3 big spoonfuls of creamy & 2-3 big spoonfuls of crunchy Natural PB *WalMart Brand)
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (I don’t measure exactly & splash a bit more)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup White Flour (Again, I add a little bit more so maybe 1/3)
- 2 Large bowls, at least 1 spoon, & of course an oven.
(I also added a half bag of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips to the last batch of cookies & they were a big hit)
How To : (after “read more”)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Mix the wet items (melted butter, eggs, & vanilla) together then add the oats in bowl #1 & set aside.
In large bowl #2 Combine the PB, Light Brown Sugar, & Salt. Mix well.
Add bowl #1 to bowl #2 mixing together until everything is combined and kinda pasty.
Add the flour last.
Lightly flour your pans.
Spoon out small amounts, these are best as smaller thick cookies.
Bakes in 10-12 minutes or until golden-ish on the bottom.
Mine started as this:
And ended up as this:
I’ll be back soon (cross my heart!)…
XO – Shana B.